Sunny days chasing the clouds away

Feb 17 • Featured, Uncategorized • 781 Views • 13 Comments on Sunny days chasing the clouds away

Aren't these Sesame Street kids t-shirts from M&S fab? They also do Bert and Ernie too, and they're only £5 each, bargain!

They reminded me, though, that Sesame Street is probably the only kids' TV show that my sister and I used to watch when we were little that's still on. I wish they'd bring back Rentaghost – although I doubt our sophisticated children would appreciate it!

Which kids' shows would you like to see back on TV?

13 Responses to Sunny days chasing the clouds away

1. Emma says:

I love those t-shirts!! I’m wearing a similar cookie monster one right now! 😀 I would love to see fun house back on TV , I adored that show!! 😀

2. Emma says:

Oh and Brum!! 🙂

3. Sam says:

I absolutely love those T-shirts. I also really loved rentaghost – and still joke about Mrs Meeka(???) when I’m watching Audrey on Corrie…As a kid, my sister and I loved to watch (often from behind the sofa) Dr Who – it’s never been the same since Tom Baker – Blakes 7 and the Incredible Hulk. As a youngster Butterflies, Dallas and Dynasty bring back fond memories for me and MAGNUM!!!!!

4. Alison - Deer Baby says:

Banana Splits, HR Puff n Stuff, Mary Mungo and Midge..can you tell how old I am yet?

5. Tara@Sticky fingers says:

1? I can’t pick 1! DangerMouse, Captain Caveman, Hong Kong Phoey, The Muppets, Take Hart, Rentaghost, . . . takes deep breath . . . Barbapapa, Count Duckula, Thundercats, and, ah the innocence of it all, The Wonder Years.

6. Sam (mumstheboss) says:

Why Don’t You – kids these days could do with a bit of inspiration for things to do that don’t involve computers and electronic games. I *loved* that programme when I was young.

7. Crystal Jigsaw says:

I mentioned Crackerjack on Twitter, but didn’t really like it!! But I used to love Rentaghost too and Grange Hill – the older ones with Tucker in. I was a Blue Peter fan too, with Sarah Green and Peter Duncan. The Saturday morning ones were good too, with Gordon the Gofer.

8. nappyvalleygirl says:

I loved Sesame Street too! But when I wrote a post about it recently hardly anyone in the UK seemed to have watched it (I watched in it HK). Here’s the link I also loved The Smurfs, Top Cat, Scooby Doo and Grange Hill.

9. Heather says:

Gummi Bears

10. Hot Cross Mum says:

Fab t.shirts – will be looking out for them. Laughed at Rentaghost – haven’t heard those words for donkeys years! Oh there were so many great shows – Mr Benn, The Clangers, Button Moon, Thundercats, The Red Hand Gang, Barbapapa (although not many remember that one)..I could go on!!

11. amy says:

ooh i love those T shirts. My hubby calls me the cookie monster due to my fondness of all things cookie related lol!

12. Baking Mad Mama says:

I love them! And such a bargain too. "Five English pounds, ah ah ah!" I hope there’s a Count one.

13. leslieanne says:

Love those tees! I’d say bring back Thundercats, Dogtanian, The Raccoons, Danger Mouse & Count Duckula. Oooh, and Trap Door! 😀 Ah, memories!