Many people have started cutting down on the amount of diary they eat, whether that’s to do with dietary, ethical or due to an allergy. Ben & Jerry’s have recently released dairy free ice cream so we’ve found some great dairy alternatives the kids will love…
1. Replace cow’s milk with almond milk. It is delicious, especially in morning porridge and poured ice-cold over cereal.
2. Coconut milk in the morning latte is delicious as it is naturally sweet. A lovely way to start the day.
3. Alpro Soya yoghurts in vanilla and chocolate flavours. The perfect pudding.
4. Instead of cheese, the spread Sheese on your favourite crackers. We especially love the chive flavoured one.
5. Need something to cool you down on a hot day? Swap ice cream for a fruit sorbet or check out Ben & Jerry’s non-dairy ice cream, we recommend Peanut Butter & Cookies, it’s delicious!
6. Tofutti Creamy Smooth Cheese is a yummy dairy-free spread. The same brand make mozzarella and cheddar style slices ideal for healthy sandwiches.
7. Pure do a great range of butter alternatives including soya and sunflower spreads.
8. Alpro make a very good alternative to cream, Alpro Soya Alternative to Single Cream and Tofutti do a great sour cream replacement for your fajitas!
9. There is quite a good selection of dairy-free chocolate on the market now, our favourites being the Green and Blacks range (check the label for dairy-free varieties) and those tasty little dairy-free bars from Divine. (The one with mango bits is soooo good!)
10. Finally, try Plamil Egg-Free Mayonnaise on your chips. DELISH!