It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday March 30th, and while women across the country will be inundated with bunches of flowers and handmade cards from their children, all I want is time to read… oh and a few other things besides. What about you?
10 things I really want for Mother’s Day are:
1. To be given hours and hours to read in peace.
2. Not to have to think about PE kits/homework/uniforms/instrument practice for a whole day.
3. For 18 years worth of worry to be miraculously erased.
4. A whole day of not dealing with chin hairs. (Neither my husband’s nor mine).
5. Someone to rub my feet, just, you know, whenever.
6. Ryan Gosling to write a poem about the wonder of my life-giving uterus and deliver it personally.
7. To have a bath without the whole family trying to join me, including the cat.
8. A drawing of me by my kids where I don’t have ‘a cross mouth’.
9. To be allowed the WHOLE of the sofa and the TV remote for a day.
10. Someone else to deal with the family pets (that includes any nits).