From slummy to yummy mummy

Jul 1 • Featured, Uncategorized • 751 Views • 11 Comments on From slummy to yummy mummy

Yesterday my friend Susan was lamenting the School Run. 'It's so hot, and I'm so sweaty,' she said. 'I don't understand how some of these mums manage to look so glamorous first thing – they must spend hours getting ready.'

I know exactly what she means. Every morning I pass a group of immaculately groomed Yummy Mummies, who must get up at 5am to select their carefully co ordinated outfits. (One of them even wears white jeans. With small children!)

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've always been more slightly more Slummy than Yummy. Sadly the Mickey Mouse joggers (I'm not kidding) which saw me through many a school run have finally gone to the great recycling bin in the sky, so it's definitely time for some new gear.

One of my favourite shops right now has to be White Stuff. I particularly love this Square Leaf skirt (£29.95), Twist Around Tunic (£37.50) and Butter Me Up Vest (£17.50).

And if you purchase through KidStart, you'll get 5% back for your child's savings account – which makes you a Savvy Mummy.

11 Responses to From slummy to yummy mummy

1. Heather says:

These clothes are great. Look light and summery.

2. Sophie says:

I love white stuff, the clothes are great quality & there is always something useful and gorgeous that I want! I cant wait to go shopping there this weekend and the kid start bonus sounds great

3. jane says:

I am a savvy yummy mummy who does wear white jeans and has joined kidstart as it makes me feel far less guilty about shopping – i have put over £50 into my baby’s little account so far and may i have many more shopping purchases ahead of me – what else does a mummy do when you need to look and feel back in shape after a gruelling birth and toddler hanging on! Plus it is HOT.

4. Emma says:

Respect to you Jane!

5. sally Brockway says:

The clothes look great – but I would probably consider them ‘too smart’ for the school run. I favour the slummy, baggy jeans, husbands T shirt and battered old Crocs look.

6. Jane R says:

I’ve just had a new baby, and am desperate for some clothes to make me feel good again, I’ll be off to Whitestuff to treat myself at the weekend, hubby even said he would look after the baby, what a treat! Shopping and making money for the baby!

7. Sasha says:

Make sure you shop through KidStart Jane – otherwise you won’t get the money back for your little one

8. Jen R says:

Thank you for introducing me to White Stuff. Just had a look on the site and can’t wait to start shopping and not feeling so guilty.

9. Ana says:

lovely clothes, my favourite shop!

10. Kate says:

We absolutely love White Stuff. I get their catalogue each season and can’t wait to get on the phone to the lovely staff in their offices and place an order. Just how shopping should be, easy, quick and with a friendly smile (in this case voice). I particularly love their Pacific Half Zip Sweats – which, year round, are both comfy (perfect for school run) yet look good.

11. sarah challice says: