What did you get up to on Bonfire night? If you missed the fireworks (or you loved them so much you can’t wait for next year!) we have good news for you… there’s a fantastic event in London this Saturday, the Lord Mayor’s Fireworks!
The Lord Mayor’s Show will start at 11 with a procession, and there will be exciting events all day long. To finish, at 5:15pm, Lord Mayor will launch a splendid fireworks display over the river Thames.
TOP TIP: Get the best view between Waterloo and Blackfriars Bridges, either on Victoria Embankment or on the South Bank!
Sparklers and glow toys
If you are like me and love to add a bit of extra sparkles to the night, don’t wait until last minute to buy expensive toys – get them online 5 times cheaper than the fairground!
These multi coloured sparklers
from John Lewis are my favourites, and Asda have a whole section of sparklers and fountain candles
to choose from. Plus these ones
on Amazon are on sale.
Last year I got my girls some glow bracelets and a flashing spike ball similar to these
– not only did I made them the happiest children in town but I also got money back buying them on Amazon via KidStart!
The Glow company
sell all kinds of glow toys – from bunny ears to cutlery, and you can get 7% back for your kids…
Wrap everyone up!
Don’t forget to pack a few blankets to warm up your body!
There’s lovely jumpers
at George and ponchos
at New Look from £15, and the funniest children’s hats
I love Next’s clearance section
for 50% off bargains, and I get KidStart savings from all these retailers – it’s a win-win!
If you’re going to see the fireworks with the littlest ones don’t forget to get some sound protection – these ear defenders
at Argos should work wonders.
Remember fire safety – if your kids are in fancy dress, don’t let them get too close to the fire and ensure they have an under layer of cotton
/ natural fiber clothing – it stops the synthetic fibers stiking to the skin.
If you don’t live in London here are our top tips on how to get there:
- – Children under 11 can travel free on buses, tube, tram and overground.
- – Team up with some friends: You can save 1/3 when purchasing 3 adult tickets or more at National Rail.
- – Buy your return tickets online to save! Plus if you do it using KidStart your kids will get 2% back from TheTrainLine, 1% The Train Genius and 1.5% East Midlands Trains.
- – Most trains and the tube will stop running at midnight, make sure you check the timetables or alternatively, buses like National Express often still work during the night (and give 5% back for your kids!).
- – Alternatively you could rent a car for the day at Zipcar (£15 back) or Carrentals (3% back).
- – If you’re travelling with your own car and think it’s time to get it checked up, Halfords Autocentres is our favourite and the kids get 3.5% back on all purchases.
Have you ever been to the Lord Mayor’s Fireworks?