All kids, big and small, love ice-cream, and these fab recipes from celeb chef Lesley Waters are quick, simple and cheap to make. They use Walls Soft Scoop ice cream (£2.45 for a 2ltre tub, available from Ocado, Tesco and Asda).
Neopolitan Ice Cream Trifle
Lesley says: 'You can whip up this luscious pudding in minutes, making it perfect for busy mums. Use your favourite chocolate, and any Wall's Soft Scoop flavour will work well in this trifle.'
250g/8oz ready-made ginger cake
8 scoops of Wall's Soft Scoop Neopolitan
100g/4oz chocolate, melted
1. Mash half the strawberries with a fork to make a fruity sauce and set aside. Slice the remaining strawberries.
2. Cut the ginger cake into small cubes.
3. Layer the ice cream, ginger cake, sliced strawberries and strawberry sauce into 4 tall chilled glasses
4. Top with melted chocolate and serve straight away.
Summer Iced Puddings
Lesley says: 'These individual Summer Iced Puddings are so simple to make – yet look so stylish. Kids will love mashing the meringues and making the mixture.'
350g Wall's Soft Scoop Raspberry Ripple
4 ready made meringue nests
115g/4oz strawberries, hulled and quartered, plus extra for decorating
2tps runny honey (NB not suitable for under 1s)
1. Line 4 x 150ml ramekin dishes or freezer-proof teacups with cling film and set to one side.
2. Place the Raspberry Ripple ice cream in a bowl and crumble over the meringues. Add the strawberries and half the raspberries and gently fold in.
3. Spoon the mixture equally between the 4 ramekins or teacups and level out. Cover well with cling film and place in the freezer for 1¼ hours.
4. Meanwhile make the raspberry sauce. Place the remaining raspberries in a blender with 15ml/1tbsp water and whiz until smooth. Stir in the honey.
5. Turn the iced puddings out on to serving plates and remove the cling film. Drizzle each with the raspberry sauce and arrange a few extra strawberries alongside or on top. Serve straight away.
written by Liz Jarvis