Have you succumbed to the slanket yet?

Dec 15 • Featured, Uncategorized • 915 Views • 8 Comments on Have you succumbed to the slanket yet?

One of the biggest-selling gifts this Christmas, apparently, is the slanket , a sort of snuggly blanket that envelops your entire body. The effect is slightly caterpillar/Jabba the Hut, depending on your body shape.

Although I can see the appeal in the current cold snap, I would imagine wearing one encourages you never to leave the sofa. However, if you are planning to buy one, either as a gift or for yourself, they sell them at Lakeland, Firebox and Play.com.

8 Responses to Have you succumbed to the slanket yet?

1. MummyTips says:

It is classic isn’t it? I couldn’t believe the story when I read that it was one of the hottest selling Xmas gifts. But then I told myself – hang on lady, are you not a PR yourself???? Should know better than to believe everything that you read in the papers. That said – it is completely up my teenage student son’s street – shame there is no Star Wars version!

2. Vic @ glowstars.net says:

There’s something cosy about snuggling up under a blanket that your nan’s knitted you. I’m not convinced a slanket can deliver that same amount of comfort, even if it is more practical.

3. Ali at GreenBaby.co.uk says:

tee hee, Star Wars version indeed, they’ll read that MummyTips, you’d better be quick and patent it! I could get one for everyone in the office, and turn off the heating, just think of us all sitting here around the meeting table wearing them! Ever the queen-of-green me ;>)

4. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

Well, MummyTips, they do have a nice camouflage one. And trust me on this, Gary, the Slanket Man (www.theslanket.com) will happily send one to you for a bit of PR. How do you think I got mine? I love my Slanket and yes, it does pin you down to the couch but is that a bad thing? They have adult, kids and TRAVEL Slankets. I think it’s great…which is why I have one. I didn’t know Lakeland sold them. How good for Gary and The Slanket! 😉 Karin

5. jayne howarth says:

I must admit that secretly (well, not anymore) I would love one. I am always enveloped in a blanket and duvet on the sofa … am I getting old?!

6. angelsandurchinsblog says:

Now come on, the look is Jabba the Hut whatever your body shape!

7. Manda - Flying Start Magazine says:

Erm… well I must admit – I’ve been looking at them for the past few weeks, but purchasing one is like admitting old age is setting in… and I can’t see much sex appeal when my hubby gets back on a Thurs night after working away all week and I’m wrapped up like a granny onthe couch lol… but I do still fancy one! I was going to dare buy mum one for Xmas, but wasn’t sure what her reaction would be so decided against it! Anyway, if I did get one, beingas clumsy as I am, I’d probably fall over it and break my nose or something!

8. Queen of Slankets says:

Yes you look like a fool, but you are a snuggly warm fool who has saved on heating bills. So who cares.