It COULD be you (or me)

Sep 17 • Featured, Uncategorized • 796 Views • 7 Comments on It COULD be you (or me)

Not that I'm obsessed with money or anything, but did you know that tomorrow night the estimated EuroMillions Jackpot is £85million? £85million! I'm not sure how you'd even begin to spend that kind of fortune, but I'm prepared to give it a go.

So, after careful consideration, and after I'd given a substantial amount to children's charities/good causes/deserving family and friends, donated to cancer research, planted a forest and helped save the polar bears I think I'd probably do the following:

1. Buy 52 designer handbags, one for every week of the year.

2. Book space flights with Virgin Galactic for all the family.

3. Get some serious nip/tucking to return my mummy tummy to its pre-pregnancy state.

4. Have Brad Pitt washed and brought to my tent.

I'd love to know you'd spend your fortune. And don't forget, if you're thinking of buying a lottery ticket, KidStart are offering £2.50 back for your kids after you open a new online account. So everyone's a winner!

7 Responses to It COULD be you (or me)

1. A Modern Mother says:

All I want right now is a new kitchen. Unfortunaltey my chance of getting one anytime soon is about the same as winning the lottery

2. jane says:

If I won 85 million pounds what would I do – it is insane dont you think ? Just imagine how much happier ( debatable) and healthier, or safer, environmentally cleaner etc etc the whole of the UK could be if this was shared around abit. Anyway if I WON the 85 million I would like to be a panelist on Dragon Den. Alot wouid go to help my friend whose child is ill with cancer. I would do alot of shopping for clothes and houses. Take my family around the world and brag a bit!

3. Sam says:

I’m with ‘A Modern Mother’…for the here and now I need a fridge – my fridge/freezer has broken down and we’ve been told we have to switch it off until the repair man can come back with a new part – next Tuesday. I have two kids and a fridge full of milk, yoghurts, meat etc. and have spent the last two days swapping ice blocks with my friend, sharing her fridge and pack ice round whatever’s left. If I had £85 million? I wouldn’t have to consider what I’d do with the money – I’d just do it. Start a business probably – I’d love to do that, but have no money!!!

4. sally says:

I fantasise about this all the time! I’d love to give all of my friends £100,000. Imagine, travelling round the country, handing out cheques. It would be fantastic! Then I’d divide the rest up between family, savings and charity – Cystic Fibrosis and Cancer Research would get a hefty chunk. Oh go on. Please. Let it be me!

5. Heather says:

After paying off debt, sharing with friends and family, charities, I think we would be on the next plane to a nice warm country, buy a huge house at the beach and chill

6. Karen says:

How many times a week do I imagine winning the lottery? Every time a bill arrives on my doormat and as I’m buying at least two lucky dips and kiss them for luck. Spending it would be easy. I’d have Gordon Ramsay on speed dial to cook me low fat meals, David Beckham as my personal trainer and fight Angelina – and every other woman on the planet – to have Brad Pitt (in his Legend of the Fall days) come round for the odd sleepover. But I know it won’t be me. I won the lottery a few years back. It wasn’t an absolute fortune – £3,000 – but we had fun spending it. I had to collect a cheque from the post office and it was covered in lottery balls. We flew straight out to a luxury hotel in Jamaica and had a butler bring us chips and ketchup on the beach. Genius! Check out my blog, The Real Mamma Diaries, on http://www.karenpasqualijones.blogspot.com

7. Cem says:

i just bought my ticket online after opening a lotto account via KidStart. At least i can think about how i’m going spend the £2.50 i’ve just earned back.. probably on another couple of tickets!