Let’s hope it’s not a quickie divorce!

Feb 3 • Featured • 882 Views • 16 Comments on Let’s hope it’s not a quickie divorce!

And just when you think she couldn't possibly surprise you any more, Katie Price goes and marries Alex Reid in Las Vegas.

The wedding was inevitable of course – with Alex as the winner of CBB7 his star is definitely on the rise, and for those of us who watched it he came across really well – providing some of the funniest moments and proving there was more to him than muscle.

As ever though, you have to wonder what effect this will have on the kids. They've known Alex for seven months, now he's their stepdad.

For their sakes, let's hope it's not a quickie divorce.

16 Responses to Let’s hope it’s not a quickie divorce!

1. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

I cannot stand this woman. Everything she does is for media attention and this is most definitely a media stunt. I don’t doubt that she married him as obviously the sacrament of marriage is not sacred to her but this is all thanks to his upturn in the media. I feel a bit sorry for him actually. And what about those poor children? Why doesn’t anyone consider what’s best for them? Surely not being paraded about and exposed at every turn? She makes me ill! Sorry…but true! Karin

2. Crystal Jigsaw says:

She disgusts me. For many reasons. Not least for the fact that she is constantly craving publicity (perhaps she is very lonely inside), but for the fact that she has 3 kids, one whom is severely disabled and needs his mum by his side (where is she?), for the fact that seems to be able to write novels like they’re materialising out of her back end (she can’t string two words together, how the hell is she managing the get published when genuine writers (inc. me) are working their bits off in order to have a first novel on the shelves), her sudden appearance in Celebrity Jungle was so staged it was pathetic. And the bufoon she’s married isn’t really a good influence on 3 young kids. Or am I missing the point here? CJ xx

3. Crystal Jigsaw says:

I was almost ready to feel sorry for her in Celebrity, but she’s spoilt it all again. Money and fame go to a person’s head. In Alex Reid’s case, it’s boobs and obviously, money. CJ xx

4. Nickie says:

1. This wedding is a sham. If they’d have really been disinterested in media coverage then they’d have waited a few weeks/months and planned something special. I’m not rubbishing Vegas weddings because that’s what some people want but I’m sure that Alex probably would have wanted something more for his first marriage. And there IS going to be a magazine deal because they are going to have to have a "blessing" over here, aren’t they? And why take away the chance for Princess to wear a bridesmaid dress? 2. Mr Cuprinol is very naive. He is a "wear your heart on your sleeve" type of guy and that is going to be his downfall. 3. Peter Andre is (so far) being very gracious about it all. He was on the Chris Moyles show this morning and said that he’d heard about it all last night before the "announcement". He has said (quite neutrally) that as long as his kids are well cared for then he has no problem with who Katie is with. And his children are old enough now to say whether they are happy/unhappy. Anyway – it’s tomorrows chip paper. I wish Katie would see it like that.

5. FAMILY AFFAIRS says:

Yes. In typical Katie style, in she wades without much thought for everybody else – fingers crossed it works out for them Lx

6. Very Bored in Catalunya says:

Ah another excellently timed stunt. Katie Price’s popularity is at rock bottom, her husbands is pretty high, ‘ooh lets get married’. I don’t feel sorry for him, he knows what he is getting into and is just out for the ride. Pair of prats both of them, sadly this kind of shit sells newpapers and magazines so they’ll keep on playing their pathetic lives out in the public eye while ever people are interested. Sod who gets caught up in all!

7. Sam says:

I find it sad that she continues to live such a sham life – with no real thought for her family.

8. Mummy Whisperer says:

LoL – Ok, so I totally get what you guys are saying, BUT, thought it might be fun to do a bit of devil’s advocate & shake it up a little ….. If she was a guy, who was showing incredible (if shallow) business acumen – shown by the ability to provide financially, which is what Dads are often expected to do – would we be so disgusted by her? Is it that she reminds us of our moments when we behave in an unmotherly manner, and we hate to be reminded that however much we love our little ones, there are days when we don’t feel quite so mother earth? Or, do we have a sneaky feeling of ‘there but for the grace of god go I’? From a professional perspective I can pretty much say that without some considerable help, she is a person with a big problem. Her ‘Katie Price’ vs ‘Jordan’ split personality syndrome, is something that we can all understand – how to be a mother and a sexy lover? However, her’s is a BIG issue, and much more likely to drive her into a future of in and out of the Priory in her future. I’m not saying that I love her! And to be honest, if I had to choose, I would be definitely ‘Team Andre’. But, I am aware of that she could teach me millions in how to make money and that I wouldn’t want to be in her shoes. I bet she’d be an incredibly difficult client to deal with, but I’d love to work with her: imagine what she could achieve if she used her power for good?

9. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

I will agree with Mummy Whisperer in that Katie Price’s business acumen is second to none despite being a tart in tart’s clothing. She has capitalised on every opportunity and grabbed for every other opportunity so I will give her credit. She is making money for her family and herself. But shouldn’t she stop trying so hard, take a step back, think of someone other than herself, take off the INCHES of makeup, scrape her hair back into a pony-tail and be a MOTHER??? Just a thought!

10. New Mummy says:

I used to have respect for Jordan as Mummy Whisperer said she has great business acumen, but she’s now going really over the top. I hope it doesn’t all end in tears

11. Brit In Bosnia says:

I have no idea who Alex Reid is. Being shielded from popular culture clearly has its upsides. If only we’d moved to Bosnia before Katie Price got big. Sigh.

12. Emily O says:

It’s hilarious. Completely shameless self-promotion. KP will stop at nothing. I don’t know why she bothers, she’s probably made enough money to now retire quietly with her children and horses. That’s what I’d do. Although she’s shown herself to be a good businesswoman in the past, her judgment now seems to be severely impaired. The public backlash against her is now so strong that I don’t see how her career can ever withstand it. She clearly thinks it’s better to be talked about than not talked about at all. Strangely enough I can imagine the children having some stability: in the care of nannies.

13. amy says:

i smell a bit of PR coming from this ‘wedding’ but i feel for peter andre. his kids have just got a new dad and if i was him i wouldn’t be too happy about not being informed of their wedding before it happened. Unfortunately i get the feeling that jordan only thinks of herself not of anything else and that is the same for the kids too xx

14. Heather (notesfromlapland) says:

She’s going to need all the money her ‘brilliant business acumen’ brings her for the counselling for her kids.

15. Lax Parenting says:

The woman is vile, she is an attention seeking trout 🙁 I didn’t use to dislike her but her behaviour seems so distasteful. I was in tears watching Peter’s sky interview. He comes across as a lovely man and a dedicated and loving dad.

16. Liz (LivingwithKids) says:

I agree with you – have just watched it. Feel really sorry for him he must wonder what on earth’s happened.