Mad about the MADs

May 24 • Uncategorized • 705 Views • 6 Comments on Mad about the MADs

Now as you know I’m a judge for the MADs. The award I’ll be deliberating, cogitating and digesting along with my fellow judges is the MAD Blogger of the Year. But there are nine other categories to vote for – if you haven’t voted yet, you have until June 6 (just click here).

I was familiar with many of the blogs on the shortlist, but I’m pleased to say there were quite a few I’d never read before. So I decided to read each and every one, including the ones written by my friends, and then decide which one to vote for, based on merit – ie, which one seemed to be the best in its category.  How did you decide which ones to vote for?

The thing I love most about the MADs is that it’s a celebration of parent blogging. If you haven’t read many parent blogs before, or you’re thinking of starting your own, or you simply want something new to read, do have a look at the list of nominees here.

And good luck to everyone on the shortlist – I look forward to meeting lots of you at the award ceremony in September!

6 Responses to Mad about the MADs

1. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

I was rather surprised to find finalists that I had never heard of or read. It’s refreshing! A brilliant list of bloggers & judges alike! The MADs is a brilliant conglomeration of the best the UK has to offer! 😉

2. Nick MyDaddyCooks says:

I haven’t actually voted yet but will do soon. I think I probably didn’t know 40% of the blogs. Plus there were some which I did know but didn’t realise were written by people I know on Twitter (d’oh) and others which I didn’t know but did already know their creators on Twitter (d’oh again!). I know what you say about voting purely on merit but there is not a bad blog in the list so I think I will vote for friends as it would be lovely to see their hard work recognised. The tricky category is going to be the best baby blog though – full of people I like and respect!

3. Nat says:

I voted for people I read regularly. I really enjoyed seeing new people though who are obviously popular but I hadn’t heard of yet!

4. Paula @ Battling On says:

I think it’s appropriate that you voted on merit Liz, after all it’s not meant to be a popularity contest. Many of those I nommed made it through to the final, and although there were a few ‘ooh?’ moments, I’m happy with my choices. Although it has opened up new blogs for me I voted for those I read regularly and enjoy. The shortlisted blogs are all fab, but equally there are tons of my faves that don’t appear… ateotd it’s all a bit of fun (for us) and important to keep some perspective around it. x

5. If I Could Escape says:

I’ve not voted yet either, but plan on doing so when I can find a quiet moment to read all the blogs that are new to me. So exciting to be a finalist — I only hope and wish that I can make it over for the awards ceremony as it would be lovely to meet everyone.

6. Rachael says:

I had a read of all of the blogs before choosing, rather than just automatically choosing ones I knew well. There were some brilliant blogs out there which I’d never heard of, and which I’ve bookmarked for regular visits.