Maybe it’s time to feel sorry for Kerry

Dec 21 • Featured, Uncategorized • 721 Views • 15 Comments on Maybe it’s time to feel sorry for Kerry

A young mum of four faces certain eviction shortly after Christmas for non payment of her mortgage, despite having had an allowance of £8k a month to live on. It would be easy to dismiss Kerry Katona's latest trauma as an inevitable disaster in her rollercoaster life. She's had more opportunities than most of us to turn things around, for the sake of her kids, yet she's blown it again.

And yet, and I never thought I'd say it, I can't help feeling a bit sorry for her. This is someone who doesn't seem to have any grip on the reality the rest of us have to cope with – mortgages, like rent, have to be paid, otherwise you lose your home. Her own mother, who has been less than perfect throughout Kerry's life, is thinking only of herself ('she's ruined her life, and now she's runing mine.')

I wouldn't wish eviction on anyone, particularly a mum with four young kids, and so close to Christmas. For her sake – and theirs – I hope someone finally intervenes and gives her the help she so desperately needs.

15 Responses to Maybe it’s time to feel sorry for Kerry

1. sam says:

I agree – she needs help. It’s probably a case of too much too young and up to now she’s never needed/had much control over her life. She needs to get a grip, but it would seem it ain’t gonna happen without support/help and for the sake of her children, she needs it.

2. Pippa says:

The problem for me is I can’t feel sorry for her because I know of so many others who are in similar positions but not because of stupid choices that they made, and who haven’t had the help that she has had offered to her. I do hope that she can turn herself around, but unless she does it herself I don’t think it will stick and she will be in the same position in the future.

3. Natalie says:

I agree also that she needs help & it is a shame that despite her living her life literally in the public eye that it has come to this. She’s on a seriously destructive path but I also think that she’s surrounded by people who detract from her. I mean seriously, why isn’t an accountant or business manager organising these things? The mum and that creep she’s involved with – ugh! She needs to get a grip. £8K a month & not paying your mortgage is scandalous but U suspect when there are families out there struggling to make ends meet on a lot less, she’s going to get a lot of stick.

4. Natalie says:

Oops I meant ‘I’ suspect

5. sally says:

Maybe she needs to lose her home. If people keep bailing her out, how will she learn any life lessons? There are millions of people living in council houses. Do we feel sorry for them? Who knows, she might even be happier without the trappings of success.

6. notSupermum says:

I must be a hard-faced cow, because I feel no sympathy for her at all. I feel very sorry for her children, but she has had more opportunities than most people have – and more money than most – but she has made stupid mistakes one after the other. Her husband has taken her for a ride and has spent most of her money on flash cars – why couldn’t she see that? No, sorry, she needs to learn the hard way. Bah humbug.

7. Sarah says:

sorry Liz, i disagree. I have a severe case of Kerry-fatigue. I did feel for her and her mental state, but not anymore. She’s surrounded by morons and leeches, and is deluded and greedy.Maybe a symptom of being bi-polar., or maybe a symptom of being famous and spoilt. Brian’s children would be far better off with him and maybe the shock of cold hard reality hitting home (literally) and putting her other two kids in such a vunerable position, she may seek the advice of those who really care about her. Doubt it though. Two Ok spreads and a crap TV interview later, and she’ll scrape by, dragging those kids down with her.

8. pauline wallin says:

Poor Kerry is another example of the toxic nature of celebrity culture. Maybe a taste of ‘cold hard reality’ would do her good. But I think she needs compasion rather than censure. Would hate to think her destined for the same fate as Jade Goody. She needs to take herself out of the lime-light, trouble is she is locked in vicious circle; crisis followed by confession in magazines who pay for spilling the beans about her latest misery. And let’s not forget, we are the ones reading about her, commenting on her, judging her so we play a part in her downfall.

9. veryboredhousewife says:

I am also in the ‘no sympathy’ camp. This woman (and she is a woman not a girl) has made more money than most will in their entire lives. No doubt that she will get bailed out by yet another car crash TV program documenting her very sad and pathetic life.

10. Nat says:

I dont feel sorry for her. I think she needs to get a grip and manage herself better. I feel sorry for her children as they are just innocent little people. My mother nearly lost her house and Spent 2 xmas’s with no heating and one with no lights. But that was due to failed business and my father leaving. But it reminds on my mind for well over 20 years.

11. Liz (LivingwithKids) says:

@Nat – yes I feel sorry for the kids, too. But I do wonder if she’s actually capable of getting a grip. @Natalie I think you’re right – she seems to be surrounded by people who don’t have her best interests at heart.

12. Nat says:

I think we are all capable of getting a grip….If we want to. We need to want to get a grip. We also need support. I feel bad for her that she is not surrounded or has one person who is this. Well as far as I know. She hasn’t called me for a while lol

13. hellokitty says:

i do feel sorry for people who lose their home with kids but for kerry i dont , there is a difference, if u had the money and you couldnt manage it by putting aside towards your mortgage and splashing it on expensive cars and wearing expensive then that is their fault and i really do not sympathise at all.

14. Suzanne says:

someone who declares herself bankrupt and then spends £25K on plastic surgery deserves no consideration. Sell the cars, pay your mortgage and get a job like the rest of us.

15. Louise says:

She can’t pay her mortgage on £8k a month – thats half my annual wage!! I have no sympathy, time or patience for this silly woman. She no longer does anything to warrant her ‘fame’ and so should be made to get a real job and face day to day niff naff and trivia like the rest of us. Give the 2 older children to their Dad and get her some real help so the younger 2 aren’t too badly affected.