- Parents feel guilty because they want to do what best for child but not always sure making right choices.
- Parents feel isolated and do not know who to turn to for reliable advice and information.
- Parents feeling guilty because they want to help their children with reading and writing but get frustrated or struggle themselves.
- Impact on family with siblings resenting amount of attention given to child with Dyslexia.
- Mums finding it hard to get partner to talk about child’s dyslexia.
National Dyslexia Week – Help For Parents
One in five children in the UK have difficulties with reading and writing, which is why it’s worth knowing that it’s National Dyslexia Week (8 -14th October). If you have a child with Dyslexia or a child who is struggling it’s likely you’ll hear a familiar bell ringing with the results of a new survey released by the Dyslexia-SpLD Trust. The survey has revealed the top 5 stresses for families living with Dyslexia.