Say I Love You with flowers, chocolates, wine, Audrey and Avatar

Feb 8 • Featured • 683 Views • 8 Comments on Say I Love You with flowers, chocolates, wine, Audrey and Avatar

Mixtapes and sock bunnies are all very well, but sometimes it’s nice to get a little special something that isn’t homemade for Valentine’s Day. Here are a few suggestions:

*A bouquet of flowers, delivered right to your door. Interflora have a gorgeous selection, including this beautiful Dramatic Dozen rose arrangement (£39.99), and the good news is they’re delivering on Sunday.

*A Bonterra & Green and Black’s gift pack, including a bottle of delicious Bonterra Rosé wine and 12 adorable mini bars of G&B (£15, available from Ocado) ideal for um… sharing *cough*.

*A romantic DVD – have a brilliant selection, including the classic Breakfast at Tiffany’s (£4.99), so you can indulge your inner Hepburn.

*A glamorous box of chocolates – especially Lindt’s Amour Heart Box of luxurious Lindor truffles (£4.99, available from Sainsbury's).

And for him, well most men I know would be very happy with a copy of James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game (£17.99-£24.99, available on Wii, PS3 or Xbox360, from Or failing that a sock bunny.

What will you be getting your loved one for Valentine’s?

8 Responses to Say I Love You with flowers, chocolates, wine, Audrey and Avatar

1. New Mummy says:

We’re not doing presents this year just cards and i’m making mine. This mainly due to not having a lot of money. We don’t get soppy cards though we try and find something a bit different

2. Sally, Who's the Mummy says:

Mixtapes are SO last Century. It’s all about making your loved one a Spotify playlist these days, you know…

3. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

Valentines Day is a contentious topic in our household. My hubby is very ANTI-Valentines Day. He doesn’t feel that he should be MADE to give something "romantic" on any ONE day of the year. Mind you, he doesn’t give something romantic many other days of the year but there you go. We usually give each other a card but as money is tight, I think we’ll splurge on a fish & chips dinner for two. I think we all forget to show each other the love we deserve too often…it doesn’t have to be on one day but should rather be EVERY day or when we least expect it.

4. Brit In Bosnia says:

Call me grumpy, but I just don’t see the point. I hate being told the day when I have to make a gesture towards my beloved. I think it is the legacy of too many Valentines spent waitressing (one time a man came in with one woman for lunch and then again with a different woman for dinner… seriously). We agree that we’ll make a gesture at some point during the year, so you know that one day there’ll be a special something, but just not sure when. I much prefer it that way.

5. Liz (LivingwithKids) says:

You’re grumpy. I like presents all year round, and any excuse is a good excuse as far as I’m concerned!

6. sam says:

Where is the luurrrrve? Surely Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year we ALL have an excuse to be romantic and – regardless of finances – what woman wouldn’t feel at least a little bit loved if their man chose Valentines Day to show that with gorgeous chocolates, blooming red roses and the delectable Hepburn movies? I say share the love this valentines…

7. Brit in Bosnia says:

I am grumpy. Fully paid up grumpy old woman. With a cold. My other argument is that a Valentines Day present would be when I was least expecting it so would be the best day to get it, wasn’t received with delight by my other half. Oh well. Back to being grumpy. And snotty. Best stay out of the way this weekend. x

8. Liz (LivingwithKids) says: