Snow joke… so over it now

Jan 13 • Featured, Uncategorized • 815 Views • 6 Comments on Snow joke… so over it now

I should have guessed when the Council suddenly decided to grit the pavements round here yesterday that something was up. Today we woke up to thick, deep snow and it's still coming down. We may have to dig our way out of the front door just to take the dog out.

And to be honest, I'm a bit fed up with it now. If I wanted to live in Siberia I would have moved there and sending your kids to school one day a week is snow joke (sorry). It's pretty of course and fun to play in but it can also be hazardous. I slipped over twice last week (yes I am black and blue) and a friend of mine got stuck in the snow for two hours last week with her little girls in the back of the car. Fortunately she had breakdown cover (if you haven't got it, then the RAC are offering KidStart members £10 back for your kids on all new UK breakdown memberships right now. Click here for more info.)

Anyway, if like us the kids are off school today and they're happy in front of a DVD, it's a good opportunity to do some online sale shopping. Debenhams Blue Cross sale is on with up to 70% off PLUS you get 2.5% back for your kids through KidStart. Kiddicare have up to 60% off (3% back for your kids), Office have up to 75% off plus 4% back and BabiesRUs have their half price sale on – plus 2% back for your kids. Happy shopping!

*How you and your family faring in the snow – and what are your tips for keeping them entertained? I'd love to know.

6 Responses to Snow joke… so over it now

1. Peggy says:

Oh no I was going to work and now I feel the compulsive need to shop… I am fed up to… Was going to take the kids to the park and play in the snow but it is falling quite heavily now and that definitely won’t be fun for me with a 3 yo and 18 mo.

2. Brit In Bosnia says:

We’re used to having snow here. I have to say that I LOATHE it. That first bit is nice but after that it is a wet cold dank dark misery only endurable with lots of hot chocolate. And it takes for ever to dry anything. Roll on the summer. That said, having had a lot of snow before Christmas, there isn’t a snowflake in sight here. There’ll be more later this year but for now I’m enjoying a snow free time.

3. A Modern Mother says:

Even though I complain, I still think it is magical when those thick flakes fall and it certainly gives us something to talk/blog about! How about making snow ice cream? Here’s the recipe http://www.amodernmother.com/2009/12/how-to-make-snow-ice-cream.html

4. Vic @ Glowstars.net says:

It’s definitely magical watching it from the comfort of your home whilst your kid has been delivered to his still open school. Of course that quickly changes if you have to go out in it and the school shuts as well.

5. sam says:

I, too, have had enough – I simply can’t seem to move on from Christmas with all this white stuff about. Luckily I have no trouble with the school situation as we are within walking distance, so I leave it to the ‘skeleton’ staff at school to occupy my son – with videos! Can’t help thinking that some schools are staying open for purposes of political correctness given the recent slur on headteachers who have closed their schools due to such treacherous weather conditions. I don’t know…damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

6. Crystal Jigsaw says:

We’ve had some extremely severe conditions up here in Northumberland but right now the snow is on a massive melt mission and we’re able to see the fields again. It’s been wintry showers most of the day though, but them I can cope with! Sorry to hear you have had more snow, a flippin’ nuisance for you. Keep closing the schools is getting beyond a joke now. But I have to say, you are very lucky to be gritted! We haven’t seen the gritter yet, even when it was severe.