Team Edward or Team Jacob – who would you choose

Apr 2 • Featured • 726 Views • 15 Comments on Team Edward or Team Jacob – who would you choose

Have just finished drooling watching New Moon on DVD (available from and I found myself wondering… did drippy Bella make the right decision? I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, but who would you choose (if you had to) – Edward or Jacob? My 13-year-old niece is a confirmed Cullen fan. But I think Jacob's appeal runs a little deeper. And let's face it, although he does turn into a wolf with alarming frequency, at least he's alive.

Let me know what you think!

15 Responses to Team Edward or Team Jacob – who would you choose

1. Julie says:

That really is too tough a choice. Who wouldn’t want the sleek devoted bad boy Edward, a considerate demi god of sparkling passion with only one center of the universe…. On the other hand, warm as the sun with a body to totally die for Jacob, sweet, attentive, dare I say huge animal magnetism please don’t make me choose….. Sometimes I’m also Team Carlise and Team Emmett!!!! I always come back to Edward though 😀

2. MrsLJHall says:

Having never seen the films, my image of Edward is totally borne from my imagination after reading the books…. I fell deeply in love with my Edward and was almost a bit ‘off’ with my DH after finishing the first book – you know, for not being Edward! So, for me it is teenage first crush Edward every time *sigh*

3. Lins says:

At the moment I am only about 2/3 way through Twilight so haven’t really had enough exposure to Jacob yet…but can see why he has appeal as he seems to be far less complicated than Edward!! That said, I think it’s Edward so far for me. I tend to like my guys 10-15 years older, not the other way around, so the fact he has me sneakily reading chunks of the book when I should be working means that he’s got me a little unexpectedly flustered ;o)

4. Suze says:

As fabulous and drop dead gorgeous as Jacob is, for me it will always be Edward. My daughter got me into these books and I read them all with a passion, they get better as they go along I think.

5. Nova says:

Jacob- Yep, he’s warm, he’s cuddly, he’s huge, he’s alive……I fell in love with Edward in the first book but after that it was Jacob throughout the rest of the series. Now I sound sad, very sad… !! As for Bella, she really irritates me throughout the books.

6. Kat says:

I would pick team Jacob if he wasn’t jailbait. It is wrong for a "man" that young to have muscles that big. Wrong, I tell you.

7. Trackback from uberVU – social comments Social comments and analytics for this post

8. Sam says:

I’m definitely Team Jacob. In the first book/film it’s all about Edward and of course he is wonderfully enigmatic and romantic, but from from New Moon onwards I was always secretly praying she would pick Jacob. He’s big, safe, brave, loyal and utterly devoted. He’s the healthy choice – the sunshine and the light – whilst Edward is the shadows and the night. God, I seem to have gone all poetic! Anyway, the biggest questions surely is why *either* of them are so infatuated with Bella?!

9. Kathryn says:

Twilight – my guilty pleasure. Just read book 4 this week which is the best. Last night a friend and I had a Twilight night watching first film for second time and New Moon for the first time. I’m team Edward all the way – imagine forever with him!

10. Migliohelen says:

I may not be able to help sway the figures. I’m definately team Jedward. I want Jacob in the winter to keep me toasty warm and Edward in the Summer to give me a chill thrill! Basically- am greedy. Either way am sure I would add more personality to their existances than drippy Bella. A truly annoying character. I think we all agree on that point at least.

11. Emma says:

Neither! I’ve still not watched the film , The film doesn’t really appeal to me!

12. Vic @ says:

Jacob’s the safer choice, even Edward knows it, but in the end, it’s a matter of the heart and Bella knows that even if she goes for Jacob, there’ll always be a part of her that longs for Edward. I think my mind’s probably wired the same way. While Jacob is rather lush (if only I were 10 years younger!), it’s the Edward of the books that really does it for me.

13. Lilly says:

Jake…he is the best friend, brave, handsome, sexy, funny.. what more can I ask for? =D

14. Karamina says:

I was a die hard member of Team Edward all the way through the books, but on seeing New Moon I switched allegiance. Now I’m Team Jacob all the way! I’m going to stop here before I write something inappropriately pervy. Phwoar.

15. Cheeky Wipes Helen says:

You can keep Jake and Edward…I’ll take Eric from Trueblood (the books rather than the series…although series is good too….Yum, yum.