UGGs, UGGs, glorious UGGs

Sep 5 • Featured, Uncategorized • 848 Views • 19 Comments on UGGs, UGGs, glorious UGGs

It’s a good job my mum doesn’t read this blog, because she hates UGGs. With a passion. ‘They’re called UGGs because they’re ugly,’ she always says. But I don’t care. To me, they are simply The Most Comfortable Boots You Will Ever Wear. Once you slip your feet inside a pair you’ll never look back.

Unfortunately both my pairs gave up the ghost in the snows of last winter/spring *sob*. So I’m saving for a new pair. I know they’re pricey but they’re an investment buy – my previous pairs lasted five years!

And John Lewis, Cloggs and House of Fraser are all KidStart partners, which means you get money back to save for your kids… (just saying, in case Man of the House happens to read this post and wonders why I’m planning to spend over £100 on a pair of boots. *ahem*)

Meanwhile, I’d love to know what you think. Do you love UGGs, or hate ’em?

19 Responses to UGGs, UGGs, glorious UGGs

1. Liz says:

I love them, I shouldn’t and I can’t drive the car in them. But I live in the Fens and there are 3 trees between me and the North Sea, which makes it bloody freezing from November to March – they keep me warm 🙂

2. Paula says:

I love them, whilst acknowledging that they’re Ugg-ly. Still want a pair but last year I invested in a more utilitarian boot instead….. maybe this year if I’m extra specially good 🙂

3. Ellen Arnison says:

I’m with your mum. They just don’t do it for me. An ex mother in law had a pair and, in my mind, they’ll never recover any cool.

4. English Mum says:

I love love love them! I’d love a pair of Baileys in that colour, they’re gorgeous. I am rather quirky in that I only wear them indoors though! Have you seen the biker ones? I think they’re called Kensington or something. They’re fabulous.

5. Alethea says:

Love them. Have a chocolate brown pair and practically live in them. Got mine on the sales and paid almost 60% less than RRP.

6. Insomniac Mummy says:

I covet them, but can’t afford a pair! Instead I have a pair of chocolate Emu’s. I’m hoping that one day I’ll win the lottery and be able to actually afford to spend so much on one pair of boots! 🙂

7. Preseli Mags says:

They don’t do it for me either. I particularly hate fake Uggs which make people’s feet roll in. Presumably real Uggs don’t do that. Having said that I’ve never tried a pair on, so I’m not love or hate, I’m undecided…

8. TheGlutton says:

I love these type of boots… so comfy and warm. My ankles however don’t love them and I think I might change to the fitflop version this winter (Mukluks) for a bit more cusion and support. I really love them for driving – especially long journeys.

9. Emma says:

I like the grey ones but then I like the longer uggs! I got mine out from the back of the wardrobe the other day.. yay for ugg weather!! 🙂

10. Deer Baby says:

Never. Over my dead body.

11. naomi says:

Have never done uggs always do sheepskin – the make. I can’t bring myself to part with that much money in one go.

12. sian cox says:

I love Uggs, i lived in my 2 pairs of boots all autumn, winter and spring then switched to my Ugg flipflops in the summer. Yes they are expensive but last forever.

13. If I Could Escape says:

I love Uggs but I do the fake ones!

14. New Mummy says:

I have a pair my dad bought for christmas a few years back but hardly wear them, they make my feet too hot plus they are the short ones so I can only wear under jeans as my legs are far to short to pull them off over leggings. I also worry as that they will get ruined in the rain

15. Natalie says:

i hate shoes/boots/socks… so when winter comes my feet hate being put into them. I bougth Uggs as they are SO comfy and i dont have to wear socks/dont feel like my feet are squished/suffocated. BUT.. HATE the look of them, i only wear them for school runs & trip to shop! I also succumbed to buying some "cheap" H&M ones for my daughter to wear to nursery, as they dont allow the kids to wear slippers or take their shoes off.. she used to come home with such sweaty/dug in sock marks on her tiny feet. so she now goes barefoot in Uggs and has NO sore feet and is comfy at nursery. They are Awful, but do serve a purpose. I would NEVER wear the cheap ones as like others say, they’re not real sheep skin. the soles don’t wear down and they hold their shape at the back of the heel which the cheap ones don’t. I hate seeing people Slopping about in their misshapen ones with wornout soles. Awful!! #My2cent. 🙂

16. caz says:

real UGGS are expensive but worth it and should last ages if you dont wear them in the rain or snow ! fakes look horrible and people dont walk properly in them. i have a tall pair which i have had for years but only wear round the house now, they are too slouchy for me ! ps. Love the first pair in pics above, i would wear them x

17. Bev says:

Aaahhh……….Also thought they lacked a little in style; until I tried a pair of knitted ones on!!! And bought them. They are so so so comfy and have just bought a pair of sheepskin ones for winter. Yes I know ugly and expensive but so compfy and will last!! I love them!

18. samantha says:

Never set foot in a pair mainly because I hate the look – but also I need something far more sturdy. Panama Jacks or Timberland for me please…

19. amy says:

i’ve always wanted a pair but i would choose the UGG Bailey Triplet in Tan they are gorgeous. I’ve just bought a pair of brown cowboy boot style ankle boots from asda £18 and they look fab!!!!