What are your favourite Disney movies?

Aug 25 • Featured, Uncategorized • 887 Views • 18 Comments on What are your favourite Disney movies?

I’ve been a fan of Disney movies since my parents took me to see Snow White at the age of three. It’s something that runs in our family – my grandfather used to draw pictures of Mickey Mouse and friends to entertain my dad and his siblings during the war (sadly these were lost years ago), and No 1 Son and his cousins love the films too. I remember that when I took an animation class years ago the teacher told us that what makes Disney films so unique is that the characters move like they would if they were real, and she was absolutely right.

Anyway, so as the weather outside for the past fortnight has been less than delightful, we’ve been snuggling up on the sofa catching up with some of our favourite movies on Disney Blu-ray. One of the best things about Blu-ray is it turns your TV into a cinema – you can see the clarity and colours of the animation in stunning detail, it’s just awesome, and I can just imagine how amazed my dad and grandad would have been if they'd been around to see it. I’m totally addicted.

Here, in no particular order, are our current top five Disney Blu-ray movies – just click on the film’s title to see the full review:

Alice in Wonderland ….

The Princess and the Frog …

Of course we’ve also been watching Toy Story 1 and 2, because they were excellent preparation for
Toy Story 3, and then when we’d seen that, because we just wanted to watch the whole trilogy all over again. We'll probably keep going with these movies forever!

And if you're in need of an uplifting movie, and your kids are old enough to cope with slightly more mature themes, then I'd definitely recommend Up.

What are your favourite Disney movies? I'd love to know.

18 Responses to What are your favourite Disney movies?

1. webworkingmum says:

ooohh hard, I love all disney films! Toy Story is fab and the first one I saw was dumbo and i am a big fan of beauty and the beast and the little mermaid but I could go on and on and on!

2. mummywalker says:

Finding Nemo! My favourite Disney film. I cry at the start every time. I just think its a beautiful story, how a parent will go to any lengths for their child. Crush steals the show for me though. Gimme some fin. Noggin! x

3. MrsLJHall says:

My fave is Monsters Inc although I did really enjoy UP!

4. New Mummy says:

My favourites are the older ones like Cinderella and Robin Hood.

5. Mummy's Little Monkey says:

I love The Princess Diaries, and Enchanted. My OH thinks I’m a total dork.

6. kerry @ miss power writes... says:

BEATUTY AND THE BEAST!!

7. kerry @ miss power writes... says:

sorry what I meant to say was BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!! Altho she was a beaututy too!

8. Nurture Kids says:

My fav of all time has to be Little Mermaid! Like you, I am a total Disney fan – I used to get a new one every Christmas and me and my sister used to sleep in the same room Christmas night and watch it! Best time of my life (almost)

9. GardenMum says:

Has to be Tinkerbell for the sheer enjoyment of watching Garden Girl watch it.

10. Jayne Howarth says:

I love the old Disney films: Snow White, Cinderella, Robin Hood. But of the more modern ones, you can’t beat The Incredibles or Ratatouille (for amazing animation) – and Beauty and the Beast …. gosh, there are loads!

11. Liz says:

Has to be Peter Pan, first film I ever saw at the cinema and I was about 3, totally magical.

12. Aly says:

The Sword in the Stone,The Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille and The Pirates of the Caribbean series.

13. Kerry says:

I love Disney films and am so pleased that the love has been inherited by Baba I personally love Dumbo could watch it over and over. Baba loves Dumbo, Finding Nemo and he love Mickey Mouse currently watching Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Muskateers what a great post xx

14. Flossie says:

It’s got to be one of the ones I used to watch with my little brothers when we were young so The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty & The Beast & Cinderella. I’m quite partial to all the Pixar films too; Monsters, Inc., Happy Feet, Toy Story etc. Taylor’s attention span just doesn’t yet cover a full DVD *sigh*!

15. LauraCYMFT says:

I love Disney films. My favourite classic Disney films are the Lion King and the Little Mermaid. I really love the new Pixar/Disney films though. UP is one of the funniest films I’ve seen in a long time. I also like the Pixar short films. The one with the big bird on the telephone line with the little birds pecking at his feet, hilarious!

16. MrsR1ck says:

Beauty and the beast is my favourite, and Molly my 2 year old has just discovered the original Toy Story, she doesn’t even know Toy Story 2 & 3 exist yet 🙂 … Nemo is amazing and Little Mermaid too… The ones that make me laugh the most are Emperors New Groove & Mulan. I love Disney, I love Pixar, I love their view of the world and I love that they allow my little girl to grow up gently, believing in fairies and magic and good winning over evil.

17. Vic @ Glowstars.net says:

There have been some great classics, and some newbies, but my favourite has to be Bedknobs and Broomsticks. And yes, I do have the entire soundtrack on my ipod! Robin Hood would have to be a close second.

18. Baby Genie says:

Ooh Up was hilarious! Is the little mermaid a disney film?! If so I love that one! And Aladdin!