What will you be giving up tomorrow?

Feb 16 • Featured • 733 Views • 24 Comments on What will you be giving up tomorrow?

OK, so obviously today is all about pancakes and lots of them, actually. But tomorrow is supposed to be about giving something up. Now as you know, I'm not really into deprivation. But I always try to give something up on Ash Wednesday so I can really enjoy my Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns in 40 days time.

This year I've decided to give up the following: wine and chocolate. I *may* try to stop shouting as well.

What will you be giving up?

24 Responses to What will you be giving up tomorrow?

1. 21st Century Mummy says:

Thought about wine but decided on chocs, biscuits, sweets and cakes!

2. Linda says:

Blogging, Twitter and Facebook. Um…

3. Loveitloveit says:

Giving stuff up. I like things!

4. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

As a lapsed Catholic, I am used to Lent. As I no longer practise, I tend to not observe the mostly Catholic practises but I do like the message of Lent. It’s meant to be a time of sacrifice which translates into "What do you give up?" My stepmum always gives up Chocolate and she’s a true choc-a-holic so she’s rather cranky for 40 days. One year I gave up Coke which was a massive sacrifice. As you’ve made me think…I shall do the following: 1) Give up Coke (again…it’s become a crutch- this is the Coca-Cola variety mind you) 2) Walk EVERY DAY in some way shape or form. This means sacrificing time from the computer or the housework (darn) in order to get my bum into shape which I’m sure Jesus would approve of. That’s it…what do you think? I shall declare this on my blog and let you know my progress as well. I’m tired now…and in need of a 6 pack of Coke to go with my Pancakes tonight before tomorrow. Wish me luck!

5. Tara@Sticky fingers says:

I will be giving up nothing. Why set myself up for a fail? I’d only stop doing/eating whatever thing for 1 week and then end up gorging myself silly for the following week. And yes I do know this from experience!

6. New Mummy says:

Nothing I have poor willpower. 😉

7. Insomniac Mummy says:

I’m giving up diets. 😉

8. Linda says:

Also sex.

9. Heather says:

Will try and give up my Nero late every morning…

10. Sandy Calico says:

I once gave up chocolate, cakes and biscuits for lent and power-walked in my lunch hour most days. I lost 2 stone. Of course there was the added incentive that two colleagues were also doing the same. Whoever failed had to give the other two £50 each. No one failed!

11. Lorraine Wade says:

I am going to give up Lent, then I don’t actually have to give up anything I like.

12. Potty Mummy says:

It’s a toughie, but I think I’m going to have give up getting my hair dyed, my regular waxing appointments, and my manicures. What do you mean, same old same old?

13. notsupermum says:

Not sure what I will give up, more likely to ‘do something extra’ instead. Might be to declutter the house, which badly needs doing.

14. Linda says:

I lied on all four counts and will be doing more of the same, sometimes at the same time, I feel this could be the future.

15. nappyvalleygirl says:

After this morning’s experience at origami, I am going to give up taking the boys to any craft-related workshop ever again……

16. Vic @ Glowstars.net says:

I must be crazy but I’m actually going to give up chocolate…

17. A Modern Mother says:

Mummy bloggers. No, just kidding. Kids? Seriously? I’m going to be nicer to people.

18. Tattie Weasle says:

oooohhh toughie what can I forgo now well not chocolate, not wine rf any sort, perhaps not giving up running – I shall either run or walk in my lunch hour…hmmmm but only when it’s not raining!

19. Sam says:

I’d like to say wine and curry but I’m not sure I trust myself…

20. Crystal Jigsaw says:

I’m not giving up anything. There are too many things I probably could give up but I enjoy my life and the things in it too much. CJ xx

21. MuddynoSugar says:

Going for wine and more walking – chances of success, better than last year, but still unlikely…Is this one, where ‘it’s the thought that counts’??

22. Yvonne says:

Wine AND chocolate? One or the other – surely… Both is toooo cruel.

23. Ann says:

Alcohol and chocolaate form me. So far so good. Oh OK so I tell lies. But I haven’t cracked yet.

24. leslieanne says:

Oh blimey, is it that time again already? being a ‘good catholic girl’ (ahem), I used to have this driven into me at school & it still amkes me shudder- i hate giving things up! Can I give up stressing? And then whenever someone tries to stress me out I can warn them they’re messing with God, not me?? 😀