Whatever happened to S.W.A.L.K?

Jul 13 • Featured, Uncategorized • 674 Views • 6 Comments on Whatever happened to S.W.A.L.K?

Maybe it's an age thing *cough* but I'm getting increasingly confused when people use lots of abbreviations and acronyms on twitter and in text.

I know that LMAO and ROFL mean you're finding something funny, OH is Other Half. DD? Not a clue. DS1? Sounds like a handheld computer. And when people do the thing with a bracket and semi colon, I have no idea what it means.

When I was at school, we used S.W.A.L.K and er…I think that was it.

Which ones do you use – or do you wish everyone would stop?

6 Responses to Whatever happened to S.W.A.L.K?

1. PippaD says:

DD is Darling Daughter DS is Darling Son Either with a number refers to them in Birth order… Oh and I used to love when I would see a letter come through the sorting office with NORWICH on the back!

2. samantha says:

Hmmm…enlightening to now know the few you have touched on, but could do without it myself. Is it really necessary?…

3. Jenny says:

Here’s to SWALK – had forgotten all about it. I hereby commit to reinstating it into my vocabulary. Here’s to the revival!!

4. Janet says:

I’m right with you on the abbreviations – sometimes it’s like reading a tricky Development Report and no-one’s bothered to tell you the acronyms. I didn’t know ROFL – I’m still not clear – whether LOL means Laughing out Loud or Lots of Love – or indeed can mean either. Maybe you could compile a dictionary??

5. liveotherwise says:

less of the age thing there! I love my abbreviations, and am enjoying watching my kids learn them too 🙂 There’s plenty of dictionaries about!

6. Nickie@Typecast says:

ADIDAS = All Day I Dream About Sex (from school – I never use it now… oh no, never…) 😉 is supposed to be someone winking at you in a cheeky way