What’s your favourite kitchen gadget – and what’s on your lust-have list?

Jan 31 • Featured, Uncategorized • 1421 Views • 8 Comments on What’s your favourite kitchen gadget – and what’s on your lust-have list?

A little while ago I told you of my love for the life-changing potato ricer.

I stand by that – my shepherd’s pie (which is really cottage pie, as I don’t cook lamb, but I still use Worcestershire sauce, and carrots) has never been so popular. A potato ricer is, in my honest opinion, and particularly if your kids are fussy about lumpy mash (!), a Must-Have kitchen gadget.

But after sharing my affection for this wonderful device with a few friends last night it got me thinking about the kitchen gadget I really, really want.

It used to be this (KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer in Cranberry from John Lewis, £389)           But at the moment it’s this (Tassimo coffee maker available from House of Fraser £111.99) I know it would enhance my life in ways I never thought possible. Freshly-brewed coffee, at the touch of a button? What’s not to love?

*sigh*

*What’s your favourite kitchen gadget – and what’s on your lust-have list? I’d love to know.

8 Responses to What’s your favourite kitchen gadget – and what’s on your lust-have list?

1. Trish says:

My favourite gadget is my Magimix coffee machine which takes Nespresso capsules. I rave about this so much friends have bought one, I bought one for my mum and I’m buying one for my cousin for her wedding. It’s the variety in the blends of coffee available that makes this a winner for me. Lust-after? Well, we are in the process of planning a new kitchen and I’m lusting after an induction hob at the minute. Husband is panicking as the brochure I’m looking at has no prices and I keep circling things with a biro.

2. English Mum says:

Ah, I do love my KitchenAid (although I’ve got a cream one – love it in the pink!). My lust-have gadget is the Miele Barista coffee machine. I wished hard at Christmas but sadly it was not to be! x

3. Cheeky Wipes Helen says:

I have to say, I asked for (and got) my kitchenaid mixer a couple of years ago as a joint christmas / birthday present from all my family (husband, parents, in-laws) and I LOVE it. Really worth the money. I’m also with you on the potato ricer, they’re fab. My other favourite gadget is a much cheaper apple corer/slicer thingy which I’ve blogged about before here: http://www.cheekywipes.com/blog/2010/07/08/how-to-get-your-kids-to-eat-more-fruit/ I’m interested to see if there’s any more gadgets I’ve missed out on…

4. Lisa C says:

it is the Artisan Kitchen Aid. I am convinced once I own this I will be making cakes that will make Lorraine Pascale proud. Or it will just maybe end up sitting next to my ice-cream maker

5. Chib_ibi says:

I lust after a kitchen maid 😉 however the kitchen aid in cranberry looks like it would fit right in with all my retro kitchen bits… Gorgeous!

6. Carolin says:

My parents have got the Tassimo and they absolutely love it. Since they’ve got it every meal is topped off with a nice Espresso and because I don’t do coffee I get a lovely hot chocolate. Brilliant investment and if you should get it, I am sure the potato ricer will be history 😉

7. Lyndsey aka mummypreneur says:

My favourite kitchen gadget – for easy of use, simplicity and for being a cracking invention, is the 3 in 1 Pineapple Corer/Slicer. I love the fact that with the simple twist of the hand I can peel, core and slice pineapple whilst simultaneously creating a ‘beautiful’ pineapple ‘bowl’ table centrepiece – will just say at this point I have never yet used my ‘centrepiece’ – it’s a bit over the top for teatime with the kids!

8. HELEN says:

My favourite it also my Kitchen Aid, in grey, I bought it a few years ago after selling unwanted stuff on Ebay to save up,,,,I even re-decorated my kitchen ready for it’s arrival – it is definitely well worth the money! http://jessiescrazykitchen.blogspot.com/