What’s your favourite romantic movie moment?

Feb 14 • Featured • 811 Views • 10 Comments on What’s your favourite romantic movie moment?

Last night we watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on Sky. I wasn't expecting it to be such a romantic movie – but essentially, that's what it is, a film about the enduring love affair between the characters played by Brad Pitt (swoon) and Cate Blanchett.

It got me thinking about my own favourite romantic movie moment. Of course I love An Officer and a Gentleman, but my absolute favourite has to be this.

What's your favourite romantic movie moment? And Happy Valentine's!

10 Responses to What’s your favourite romantic movie moment?

1. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

I used to LOVE "Jerry Maguire" but then Tom Cruise went cuckoo and it became a wee bit less appealing. However, the "You had me at Hello" scene is one of the best ones in the world! My favourite romantic movie is the original and its sequel. "Before Sunrise" and its sequel "Before Sunset" are THE most romantic movies ever. I adore how simple and touching and raw they are. I waited YEARS for the sequel and it was, I think 10 years. The sequel is extra special because Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy walk around Paris, which as many people know, is my most ROMANTIC PLACE in the world. Karin

2. New Mummy says:

I have two which strangly both feature Julia Roberts! The final scene in Pretty Woman when Richard Gere climbs up the with the rose between his teeth. Julia Roberts giving the "I’m just a girl" speach in Notting Hill

3. Vic @ glowstars.net says:

How about the whole of Love Actually. It’s just littered with great moments.

4. notsupermum says:

I love the film You’ve Got Mail, and the very end of it where Meg Ryan realises that the man she has been falling in love with online is, in fact, Tom Hanks the man she has been falling in love with in real life. Great film, and utterly soppy.

5. Trackback from uberVU – social comments Social comments and analytics for this post

6. Liz says:

In ‘When Harry Met Sally’ when he runs to see her at midnight, to say Happy New Year – never fails to make me cry.

7. Emma @ Me , The Man & The Baby says:

Love? Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.’ From Moulin Rouge – That film is crawling with fabulous love quotes! 🙂

8. Sally, Who's the Mummy? says:

Has to be Breakfast at Tiffany’s – George Peppard has yet to be equalled, and the final scene, in the rain, thaws my dead, frozen heart every time. Possibly the film I’ve seen more times than any other.

9. leslieanne says:

Got to be the end of Breakfast at Tiffany’s where they find cat & have a big snog in the rain 🙂

10. Yvonne says:

I’m with you on Officer and a Gentleman. I go into work hoping that’s going to happen to me every day…