Why I’m supporting Katie Price

Dec 10 • Featured, Uncategorized • 865 Views • 16 Comments on Why I’m supporting Katie Price

Frankie Boyle likes to shock. That’s his thing. Sometimes he’s funny, sometimes he’s not. In small doses, on a panel show, he’s the irreverent one, but he’s kept in check by the other comics.

On his own TV show his act has reached a new low in his pursuit of ‘humour’.

Now he’s been lambasted, and quite rightly in my opinion, for making what can only be described as sick and distasteful jokes about Katie Price’s son Harvey.

For some bizarre reason I can’t quite fathom Channel 4 is refusing to apologise for broadcasting the material, which surely shouldn’t have been broadcast in the first place.

Because whatever you think about Katie Price, making sick jokes about children is never funny, and making sick jokes about the disabled is never funny.

16 Responses to Why I’m supporting Katie Price

1. Kat says:

There is no excuse for making jokes about someones kid, no matter your personal views on that individual. It is even worse when the joke is about a disabled kid. Sickening.

2. Cass@frugalfamily says:

I couldn’t agree more – I actually complained to OFCOM about it. The first time I’ve ever made a complaint about something but I just wanted to do something to show how disgusted I was.

3. Ellen Arnison says:

Good points but I’m not sure I agree. Frankie Boyle’s comments about Katie Price and her family are horrible, way over the mark and a very long way from funny. But I’m not really sure what Katie thinks she’ll achieve by trying to force Channel 4 into making an apology. She has created lots of column inches and had the revolting comments reproduced many times. But it’s certainly improved Mr Boyle’s viewing figures. Perhaps going direct to Ofcom would have the same effect as a ruling would be just as newsworthy. Per

4. Jayne Howarth says:

Absolutely agree. Must admit to not being the biggest fan of Katie Price (*understatement*) but no one deserves this. When it comes to how she cares for her profoundly disabled son, I very much admire her. The sad thing is, Frankie Boyle won’t give a monkeys. I used to find him quite funny – in small doses and not all the time – but this has appalled me.

5. Mumra says:

Frankie Boyle is a lazy comic to have churned out these vile jokes about Harvey. Sadly it gains him more publicity just by us all being so angry. I’m not a huge Katie Price fan but its not relevant, no one would stand for someone saying these things to a special needs child in the street or even stood in a pub its outrageous that Channel 4 have not apologised. Katie HAS to demand these abusive bullying comments are acted on, its her ‘worlds’ version of going up the school and speaking to the head about name calling in the playground. We’d all do that for our kids. She is just a Mum.

6. Kathleen Walker @mummywalker says:

Ignorant. Pathetic. Disgraceful. The things he said are hateful and Price’s family do deserve an apology, not for her, but for her son. Just because she is tabloid fodder does not automatically mean her vulnerable child can be targeted for his *comedy*.

7. Very Bored in Catalunya says:

I don’t like Katie Price but I find Frankie Boyle a thousand times more offensive. Watching him is like being transported back to the early 80’s where Jim Davidson & Chubby Brown were considered funny. Sick, cheap and downright disgusting.

8. Jenny paulin says:

I didn’t see the programme, but I know that a while ago he received a complaint from his tour because he made horrible and rude albeit out of order comments about children with learning disabilities and downs syndrome. A woman was sat in the audience whose daughter has such disabilities and she was really offended. I think she tried tom say something but it provoked him into even more of a rant. Looks like he hasn’t learnt his lesson

9. Tattie Weasle says:

Sounds like Mr Boyle has a problem with people with disabilities. How very sad that he feels so threatened that he has to make derogatory jokes. While I may not like all the wording Ms Price’s lawyers are using in this case I do think her son deserves an apology. And fast!

10. (mostly) yummy mummy says:

I am far from being a fan of Katie Price, in fact, quite the opposite. But the *joke* made by Boyle at Harvey Price’s expense so so way out of line. I did see the programme and to be fair, that wasn’t the only – or indeed the most offensive of the *jokes* that he made. I ended up turning the programme off and I am usually a fan of Boyle I have to say. I am far from easily offended but this show was a disgrace. I can’t believe that Channel 4 ever let it air tbh!

11. madebymum says:

I agree Franky Boyle’s way of getting attention is to shock.

12. nappyvalleygirl says:

Didn’t Heat magazine get into trouble a few years ago for exactly the same reason? I don’t even know who Frankie Boyle is (am I THAT out of touch with the UK?) but he sounds like a prize jerk.

13. Baby Genie says:

I have to agree. I’m not a Katie fan – I don’t agree with a lot of the decisions she seems to make, but her children are all gorgeous and no type of humour making fun of children is ever acceptable.

14. Mid 30s Life says:

He crossed the line with that "joke" and I’m glad it didn’t go unnoticed. No reasonable person would let someone in real life say something like that without taking issue with it – a comedian on TV should be no different.

15. Fran says:

This is clearly what Frankie Boyle wanted when he made his comments. I don’t think he has a problem with disabled people or Katie Price. I think he simply has a problem that he wants to be even more famous…

16. Laura says:

I don’t think Boyle is funny anyway, in fact I read his column in the Sun recently and didn’t even realise he was supposed to be a comedian, I just thought he was some ignorant nobody the Sun had got writing for them. I’m definitely with Katie on this, ok she’s not a perfect mum and yes she does court publicity when she wants to, but there is no excuse for these comments. I didn’t see the programme, so I don’t know how the other people on the show reacted – did they laugh, reprimand him, smack him in the mouth (my probable reaction if he’d made comments like that about my kids!), if they laughed along then they’re no better than he is and should apologise too.