Would you have a mummy tummy tuck, or any other cosmetic surgery?

Feb 12 • Featured • 748 Views • 17 Comments on Would you have a mummy tummy tuck, or any other cosmetic surgery?

Yesterday I was in a hair salon when I found myself sitting next to a Footballer's Wife. (I happened to glance over at the exact moment I spotted her picture in a glossy magazine – embarrassing). Anyway, what struck me instantly was her face. She had the beginnings of a trout pout, and it was clear something had also been done to her cheeks. The effect was not so plastic fantastic, more fish out of water.

Over the years I've joked with my mum friends about having a mummy tummy tuck but the reality is I think I'd be too scared to go under the knife and I don't really like the idea of having anything injected into my face – especially if it leaves me looking like that. Would you ever have anything done?

17 Responses to Would you have a mummy tummy tuck, or any other cosmetic surgery?

1. Crystal Jigsaw says:

It depends. If it was for vanity reasons, the answer would be a very simple NO. If it was for medical reasons, like a reconstruction, then I would seriously think about it. Some of these famous personalities have totally ruined themselves by all this botox and what not. I simply don’t see the point. More money than sense if you ask me. CJ xx

2. Sam says:

The idea of having a mummy tummy tuck – if money were no object – fills me with absolute tummy fluttering excitement! HOWEVER – am sure that if it actually came down to it I would be way too terrified of interfering with mother nature…

3. Emily O says:

Funnily enough I had a plan to do a post on this topic! (still want to know who that WAG was btw). I used to swear I’d never consider it. And I’m still fairly sure I won’t. However I’ve had three children now and if I reach 40 and diet and exercise hasn’t got me into a shape I’m fairly happy with then I might consider it. I keep thinking it’s a vain thing to do, but it depends on how well I accept the ravages of time and children on my looks.

4. Mummy Bear says:

NOOOOOOOO! I think any kind of surgery doesn’t make you look younger or even better, it just makes you look, well, surgically enhanced. I do understand if someone has spent their lives miserable because they have, say, a wonky nose, and have a nose job to straighten it up, but I do think a lot of time, its a good dose of self esteem that is required rater than a needle or knife. Some may think that by having improvements will boost self esteem and I hope if one goes for it, it does (its a lot to put yourself through), but it’s never going change wants inside your head and heart…theres my two pence worth!

5. Very Bored in Catalunya says:

Used to say never, now I say not the body (not that it couldn’t do with some work) but maybe the face. You can slim and tone your body but once the wrinkles set in you can’t reverse them. Sadly I don’t have any spare cash so I won’t be getting any jabs any time soon.

6. Josie says:

I have no shame. If someone offered me it, for free, at no risk, with guarantee it would all work out fine. I would take it. Defo. Tummy tuck and a nose job please 🙂

7. Hayley says:

For me its one of those things that I have often thought about. As a teen I always said never. Then I had my son. I have booked the free consultations before with different groups but never gone. I dont know that I ever will. Itsa lovely thought in my head but I am me with all my flaws. I dont know that I’d want to change that and I’d be scared of how my self identity would change.

8. Sandy Calico says:

Never. Name me one person who has had surgery who looks better than they did before they went under the knife? Look at Heidi Fleiss for instance. She’s only 44 and look at the state of her face! My best friend had a nose job. She only told me, no one else. I hadn’t even noticed she’d had it done. She felt better about it though so I can understand it was important to her. I need a tummy tuck (okay, all over body tuck) and a breast reduction, but I would never have unnecessary surgery. Never.

9. Vegemitevix says:

Ok I’m going to come clean. Lean in a little closer… I’ll whisper – I have done. But it wasn’t for vanity, it was a reconstruction when 3 c-sections had completely ruined my body, and a full hernia from bottom to top, and three hip to hip scars that deteriorated to the point of bleeding. I still have substantial scarring but at least I don’t have split stomach muscles. I can actually do situps now. Quite frankly it was one of the best things I ever did.

10. TheMadHouse says:

How anyone could undergo surgery unnecessarrily is beyond me. After my failed implants and subsequent sepsis, I have seen the terrible effects that infactions and the like can do. It has taken me a year, yes a year to get back on my feet. I look horrendous and I am putting off further re-construction till I can face it. People who do it for vanity, well they need to see what can happen. We should be embracing woman for themselves, not sending out a message that everyone needs to be a certain way. I can understand vix and having surgery due to a need, infact if and wehn I do have construction, I will have to have a tummy tuck at the same time, as that is where the skin and fat is from.

11. Expat Mum says:

I would love to have my c-section "lip" thing removed. I have fairly good ab muscles yet no matter how thing I can get, there’s still that annoying bit poofing out above my scar. There’s nothing stopping me doing it except I just don’t have the time to do the recovery properly. I would also like to get my hereditary bunions fixed and have looked into that a lot, however, that’s a lot of down time too. Knowing my luck however, I’d end up with major complications. I am, I’ll just remind everyone, the only person I know who got a flu shot too far up the arm this year resulting in a completely inflamed (and dead) shoulder.

12. Karin @ Cafe Bebe says:

I would jump at the chance for a Mummy Tuck! Mainly because my abdominal muscles have been so wrecked from my giant bump that there’s nothing holding my tummy in anymore. I don’t think it’s possible for me to have a normal belly and I would give anything to not look pregnant anymore even though my daughter is 20 months old. Yes, I need to eat better and exercise more but I need help! Any other sort of surgery, most definitely is not for me…I couldn’t stand the thought of what I see on tv being done to me. I don’t understand the women who get botox and other facial procedures…they look so artificial and plastic. Why would you want to do that to yourself?

13. Linda says:

No, although I am overweight I wouldn’t like to take the surgery option, healthy eating and gym will do for me. xx

14. sally says:

Nope. I will never regain my post pregnancy body. I look like a woman who’s had three children because I am a woman who’s had three children. Surgery’s not for fun or vanity – I’d only have it if I absolutely needed it. We’re all going to look the same at 80, so why worry?

15. EmmaK says:

Yeah a knife in the stomach is a bit gross – I know I could lose the stomach through diet and exercise but I do quite fancy the new stem cell breast cell implants because one would hope they look natural rather than the current bowling balls http://www.explorestemcells.co.uk/breast-implants-from-stem-cells.html Since they currently cost 6500 pounds I will have to wait a few years for prices to go down I think!! Available in the UK have you heard about them what do you think?

16. grit says:

no, never cosmetic to seek any ideal body image. body shapes are wonderful and various, lumpty and bumpty, and show personhood and experience. scars are ok too with me, and dh comes with plenty, and not just those inflicted by me. they tell me a person has a past, and that is bound to be one of infinite richness and complexity.

17. amy says:

If i won the euromillions tonight then i would definitly have some lipo on my legs and a tummy tuck after baby is born. But because that probably won’t happen i will just go on a diet and do it the hard way. I guess cosmetic surgery is the easy option when it comes to losing weight or baby related flab. Just look at kerry katona having all that work done then piling on the pounds again!! Of course these wonder women who lose masses of weight and are left like deflated balloons need cosmetic surgery because nothing would remove the excess skin. I do like my figure (when its not pregnant or carrying too much weight) so i think losing it individuality would be a bit of a shame and we’d all look like wags yuck! x